OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
XPV Water Partners (“XPV”, “We”, or “us”) recognizes the importance of privacy and sensitivity of personal information and is committed to the protection of privacy for those who provide personal information to us. XPV will ensure the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information, as well as follow legal requirements to allow you to request access to and correction of your personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address or billing information.
Consent to Collect Personal Information
Your personal information, such as your name, phone number, email, address and billing information, is not automatically collected by XPV when using the Website. Your personal information is only obtained if you consent to provide it in conjunction with a request for information regarding XPV’s products and services, including when registering as a user with our Website. We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any reason.
Should we wish to use your information for any other purpose not previously stated, we will first obtain your consent.
Types of personal information collected
With your consent, we may collect the following personal information:
- first and last name, email address, phone number, or address;
- Company name and address
Purposes for collecting, using and disclosing personal information
We may use and/or disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- to contact you and respond to inquiries and requests for XPV’s services;
- to contact you about XPV’s Website;
- to notify you about changes to XPV’s Website;
- to evaluate products or services XPV could offer to you;
- to monitor or improve use of XPV’s Website;
for marketing purposes and to inform those interested in our products about events, products, services or other items of interest;
- to customize advertising and content viewed on the XPV Website;
- to provide special offers to you from XPV and/or its affiliates;
- to provide promotional material on behalf of XPV;
- to communicate with you regarding the provision of any services by XPV; or
- to register the Website visitor for an extranet account, process orders for brochures and other written materials or respond to a visitor’s request.
We will retain your personal information for the period of time that is required by law. When your personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed or anonymized.
You can withdraw your consent for XPV to use your personal information for one or more of the above purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-416-864-0475. By withdrawing your consent you acknowledge that XPV may not be able to provide further information to you.
XPV will not collect, use or disclose to a third party your personal information without your explicit consent except:
- Where the third party is necessary to allow us to provide products or services to you, such as shipping or direct mail organizations;
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law (such as to comply with court orders, warrants or subpoena, or requests by law enforcement agencies to enforce our Website terms and condition of use); or
- Where otherwise required by law.
In such cases where your personal information is provided to third parties for the purposes noted above, our agreements require the third parties to keep personal information secure and confidential and that the information may only be used in connection with providing services to XPV.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your personal information and have clearly defined internal policies and practices. We apply security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making personal information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
Although we will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could find a way to thwart our security systems.
- Agreeing to cookies
- Opting out of cookies
You can delete cookies or adjust your browser settings to notify you when a cookie is sent. Please consult your browser’s help menu for instructions. Visiting our Website with analytics cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience.
We maintain a log file of all actions that are initiated or facilitated using our Website, to capture, record and store data concerning transactions conducted through our Website. The log file is anonymized and does not constitute personal information. Access to this data is restricted to those who administer the network and public Website with the exception that we may use and disclose personal information to third parties in response to legal process or law enforcement inquiries, abuse of our Website or in the event of a violation of our Term of Use.
Web Server Analytics
The web servers we use automatically collect information, including but not limited to the domain names and internet protocol (IP) address of the computers that access our Website, the browser type, and the pages viewed on the Website. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the internet. It is not personally identifiable information. We collect and use this information in aggregate form to understand how our Website is used and how we can better serve our users.
We may disclose this aggregate information to third parties such as business partners, distributors and service providers. You may visit our Website anonymously if you wish, by using appropriate software or web services available from or through third parties.
Google Analytics uses 3rd-party cookies containing a unique identification number that recognizes your computer’s browser (but not you) when you visit our Website. This is done to collect and generate information (including your IP address) about your visits to our Websites. This information is then transmitted to the Google server in an anonymous form for processing.
Google uses the information to:
- Evaluate your use of the Website,
- Draw up reports on activity on the Website, and
- Provide other services relating to Website activity and internet usage.
We study patterns of Website activity so that we can improve the experience of visitors to our Website. The use of this tool does not allow us or our analytics service provider to identify individuals. Google currently offers a free Google Analytics opt-out tool for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
LINKING TO WEBSITES
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF EU DATA SUBJECTS
If you are an EU data subject under the GDPR, without limitation, you have the following additional rights in respect of your information:
- You are entitled to ask us to port your Personal Information (i.e., to transfer it in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing;
- You have the right to object to some processing of Personal Information that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing;
- You may withdraw any consent we have requested and/or that you have provided in respect of the processing or handling of your Personal Information; and
- If you have unresolved concerns regarding the use or handling of your Personal Information you have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
There are limitations on these rights in certain circumstances, for example (and without limitation):
- If we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information, then in some instances we may retain data even if you withdraw consent; and
- If we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, and if without such data we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or meet any obligations placed on us, then provision of such data is mandatory.
HOW TO CONTACT US
XPV Water Partners
130 King Street West
Suite 1800, Toronto, Ontario
Last updated: Feb 2022